Each Fall, I feel as though I were meant to live in a cooler climate. Bombarded with images of beautifully layered outfits, capes and ponchos, it’s hard not to try the trend no matter how impractical ($1400 keychains flying off the shelves are proof of that — but they are adorable, right?). So how do you pull off a chic poncho when you live in [insert warm city]?
- Choose a light color. They absorb less heat and have a vibe more suitable for warmer cities. (This doesn’t help much when humidity is 85% in LA, but worth a shot!)
2. Opt for mock neck. I love how sophisticated (and tall!) a turtleneck can make you look and a mock neck works well in warmer climates.
3. Go sleeveless. You can layer a longer sleeved shirt underneath in a light fabric or show those guns.
4. Show some leg. Pair it with a skirt like this faux-suede one. I’d also wear mine with cut off denim shorts to give it more of a beachy vibe since I live in LA!
5. Accessorize. You can belt it with a brightly colored belt, bag or bold necklace to give it more of a warm-weather vibe. I paired mine with a black skinny belt just to accentuate my waist, but possibilities are really endless when it comes to accessorizing a poncho.
Will you be wearing a poncho this season? How do you wear yours?
Shop the look
Shop similar ponchos
Thank you Old Navy for sponsoring this post!