Yesterday I shared my maternity dress must-haves, but there are so many everyday dresses out there that work for maternity wear. Finding these is like finding gold because you can get so much more wear out of them. Now, every body shape and pregnancy is crazy different. Even this pregnancy is markedly different from my first. While all of these dress silhouettes may not work for everyone, dressing two bumps has taught me a few things about choosing non-maternity dresses to wear throughout pregnancy… or you know, in your everyday life for those of you who aren’t preggers!
- Look for lightweight tunics, shift dresses (like this lace number!), loose dresses with adjustable belts and empire waisted dresses (especially if the waist has an elastic component) and dresses with stretch.
- Embrace lace. Lace camouflages any “problem” areas and a lot of it has some stretch!
- When wearing tighter styles, look for at least 5% spandex, lycra or elastane with 7% being ideal for stretch in the later months.
- The bump will hike up the hemline, so opt for longer hemlines or size up.
- Popover dresses paired with a belt can be your best friend and are comfortable enough to wear home from the hospital.
- Button front dresses will come in handy post-pregnancy if you plan on breast feeding.
Non Maternity Dresses I am Obsessed With Right Now: