I’m collaborating with DSW to bring you today’s post on the shoe world’s most polarizing shape: the wedge. I spent years omitting the wedge from my closet. Ideally, my shoe collection was binary: either 4” heels or flats, but nothing in between. It wasn’t until I started attending conferences (the kind where you have to stand all day…for a few days… looking professional and polished) that the wedge became a staple for me. Picking the right wedges can be somewhat difficult as there are many so many options and you know, so little time. So, whether you’re a wedge veteran or a veritable newbie, here are a few wedge-wearing tips to help you put your best foot forward.
- First timers should try styles with a thin wedge and without a platform to ease in to the chunkier look.
- If you are on the shorter side, a narrow wedge can work wonders for your shape, slimming your legs and adding a little height.
- If you’re tall or have broad(er) shoulders, wedges will balance out your top half brilliantly.
- Do try wedge booties or knee-high boots in the winter with tights, jeans or bare legs.
- Do try strappy platform espadrilles in summer no matter what size and shape you are.
- Keep it casual. They complement off-duty outfits better than glamorous attire.
- Pair them with looser clothing like dresses and skirts of any length, but they are not as flattering worn with curve-hugging skirts or dresses.
- Think streamlined when you wear them with jeans and opt for skinny jeans or flared jeans with a long hem that reaches almost to the bottom of the wedge.
DSW is the destination for savvy Shoe Lovers everywhere. Customers experience a breathtaking assortment of designer brands at irresistible prices every day.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by DSW via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of DSW. Thank you for reading!